Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Late summer weekend

Niagara-On-The-Lake is quite close by and certainly worth the trip everytime.  We try to get down there at least twice through the summer.  They have a really nice bikepath that runs the length of the Niagara River from the town to the Queenston Bridge.  It's a crowded bikepath to be sure, but we're never in a rush.
(I've blanked out the faces of my wife, daughter and in-laws because not sure if I have their consent to put them on here!)
The views are many and breathtaking.

A tallship heading toward Lake Ontario.
Once this year we got to the American side of the river.  What a gorgeous place that is.  It's a small town called Lewiston, in New York, of course.  Problem is the line ups at customs don't make that trip worth it more than maybe twice a year.

I'm so thankful that my family indulges me when I want to do a day of cycling with them.  But in the end we all benefit from being together, cycling through the touristy little town and all the surrounding vineyards.





It will be gorgeous with Fall colours in about two weeks.  I hope I can convince everyone to bundle up for a year-end trip.

2 comments:

  1. Howdy, just dropping by via Pondero.

    Why disfigure your family's faces like that? It looks spiteful!

    ~Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rombsy
    Hmmmmm. Never thought of it that way. The reason I messed with their faces is that my wife has some paranoia about identity and the www. I shall chat with her about it because I'd prefer not to need to do that.
    Thanks for the inquiry.
    ~Wilson

    ReplyDelete