Thursday, August 15, 2013

Niagara River Parkway

Never in my adult life have I taken 2 weeks vacation back-to-back.  It's nice.

Day trips are the order of week-one.  Today we went to Queenston (across the bridge from Lewiston, NY) and took the Niagara Parkway bikepath into Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario) for a butter-tart (yum!).

It's always a nice ride and we do it often.  We were surprised that it was not very crowded on this beautiful day - but that meant we could ride side-by-side most of the time.

My wife doesn't commute but is really getting her chops on the bike.  She mowed down our 25km-ish route without issue. Hills and all. Maybe it was butter-tart motivation? I can't blame her.

I let her do the work.
Week two is back up at the cottage and we are all looking forward to that. I'm bringing the Paké
and the GoPro, with a solo trip to either Ottawa or Burnstown in mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment