Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Great Time Away

Although neither a "cycling" vacation, nor an "observation by bicycle" I feel compelled to post an awesome retreat that my family and I enjoyed.  Interior canoe tripping through the Kawartha Highlands.

The pic below is wife and daughter warming up at the first campsite.


My daughter and I at the end of a portage.  As I recall not a particularly long one, but it was nonetheless time for lunch. (oh, I should mention that this is my nod toward bicycling...I am wearing a wool jersey with a bike-print on it).


Can you guess the food item?  You would not have guessed pancakes I presume!  My daughter liked to call them 'scramcakes.'  They tasted just fine with real Canadian maple syrup!


Not a lot of folks I know can tolerate powdered milk, but I kind of like it.  Apparently so does my little girl.


Almost finished our 4 day trip.  I think we are more tired than we are letting on here.


1 comment:

  1. Good to see a family enjoying the great outdoors. If I didn't spend so much time and money on bicycles, I'd probably go with a canoe or sailboat. Looks like great fun to me.

    ReplyDelete